Sunday 27 November 2011

Marae Trip to Parewahawaha!

What a fantastic day!  It began with the Powhiri - and the sounds of our Kaikaranga rang out across the fields.  Hiromina and Leilani sounded so beautiful and we were all very proud of them! 

At the end of the Powhiri we were treated to a impromptu history lesson about the inside of the Wharenui by some of the Kaumatua.  We learnt about the meanings behind the tukutuku panels as well as the beautiful carvings and designs in the meeting house.

We went on to some very busy rotations which included:  weaving, poi making, waiata, ruru, whai and much more!  Miss G was busy in the kitchen preparing for our hangi on Friday.  (Do you know a food processor makes stuffing 150% times faster than I can!) 

So....to see a fabulous collage of photos from this day pop into the office the photos are up in the foyer. 

Ka Pai Tamariki Ma!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I realize this is kind of off-topic however I needed to ask. Does operating a well-established website like yours require a massive amount work? I am completely new to blogging but I do write in my diary every day. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog message, I will keep the post in my mind. If you can add more video and pictures can be much better. Because they help much clear understanding. :) thanks Cavalieri.

Anonymous said...

As a web site owner I think the material here is really magnificent. I appreciate it for your time. You must maintain it and keep it up forever! Excellent work.
my blog is about [url=http://cheapfamilyvacations.blogspot.com/]cheap family vacations[/url].